Thursday, November 12, 2009

I got them sniffles...

It is one thing to fall sick. To have the sniffles is worse; you're neither here nor there. I mean, one doesn't actually qualify as being sick and one is not 100% fit also. It's a very physically and mentally disturbing ailment, more of the latter than the former. Since I have the sniffles today, I cannot focus on anything but them (and this might just affect my writing. Perfect excuse!). I took my soup and my joshanda. While I stirred the instant joshanda I started thinking of how brands capitalize on lifestyle changes. Our lives have become very fast paced and our brands have become the same. Even though our elders (daddis and nanis - grand mothers) still maintain that 'desi' joshanda works best, we are not willing to try it. There are many things that make desi joshanda a little difficult to swallow; there's the taste and the time involved in making it. One must put sugar in it to make it drinkable. So why would you want to go through so much hassle when there is the instant solution. Just cut the sachet, pour the contents in a cup of boiling water and sip away (you can also add it in tea). A famous local brand is also available in a variety of flavours. Now I sound like the brand manager of some joshanda brand!
Hoping to feel better tommorrow...more on brands and life later.

No comments:

Post a Comment