Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Author/s of the Month!

This is an ambitious month as far as books are concerned. September is the birth month of two amazing writers; Roald Dahl and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

No writers could be more different than these two. Dahl has a spectrum of books ranging from the very ‘scrumdiddlyumptious’ children books to the very absurd and decadent adult stories. Fitzgerald is known to most of you as the writer of The Great Gatsby. Even though I have read a number of his books, I don’t have the same affection for him, as a reader, as I hold for Dahl. But since he, like Dahl, is the author of the month, I shall give him some close attention.

I have selected some interesting books from both authors. Reviews of the books will be coming periodically throughout this month. Read along, if you like these authors also, and share your views. Here is the ‘beanbag booklist’ for this month:

Roald Dahl; George’s Marvellous Medicine (there had to be a children’s book!), BOY (an autobiography of Dahl), and Over to You (collection of adult short stories)

F.Scott Fitzgerald: The Great Gatsby (obviously!), and This Side of Paradise.

Let’s celebrate Dahl and Fitzgerald this month!

1 comment:

  1. Roald Dahl is one of my all time favourite authors... I grew up to his stories!! The BFG, the Twits, James and the giant peach, the witches and one I had to be 21 to read 'my uncle Oswald'

    My all time favourite that everyone should read at least once before they die "Revolting Rhymes"

    Thanks Farheen, this brings back some wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete